The Digital Hub, Dublin 8
Fixed Term, Full Time Contract
NUMBER OF YEARS PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
3-4 Yrs+ preferred.
NDRC is an independent enterprise dedicated to accelerating research from idea to income. Our collaborative approach with technology and business innovators drives greater collective success while cultivating bolder attitudes towards invention and investment.
The Event Co-ordinator role comprises planning, co-ordinating and managing interactions between NDRC Inventorium, NDRC stakeholders, suppliers and our community via a comprehensive series of events and activities to support the achievement of the NDRC Inventorium objectives.
The Event Co-ordinator will support the facilitation and design of workshop activities that are consistent with and resonate with the principles of Open Innovation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Successful track record of event planning and management, preferably with academics, entrepreneurs, technology innovators, and / or investors
- Successful track record and experience of marketing
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to and experience of coordinating multiple project simultaneously
- Good attention to detail, high standards of accuracy, and a good completer / finisher
- Proven ability to adapt to changing briefs, priorities and circumstances, to plan and review own work, and to seek help and resolve problems
- Experience of working in the innovation space, with knowledge of ‘Open Innovation’ processes, and / or academic research commercialisation, and / or early stage businesses
- Experience of working with technology innovators
- Experience of managing and evaluating marketing campaigns
As part of the NDRC team the appointee will be expected to contribute to organising and delivering creative symposia and workshops, with a particular focus on NDRC’s Inventorium programme.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- To collaborate with other team members to research and identify opportunities for NDRC Inventorium to deliver events (symposia, workshop and other initiatives) to the community, ensuring all events have clear objectives and deliver tangible results.
- To organise, schedule and manage the successful delivery of Inventorium symposia and workshops on the application of state-of-the art digital technology to creative product innovation and design.
- To manage short, medium and long term event roadmaps for NDRC Inventorium events.
- To manage and maintain a detailed pipeline of stakeholders progressing through the NDRC Inventorium workshops including abandonment and success rates.
- To constantly improve the NDRC Inventorium workshop process to increase success and reduce abandonment rates.
- To clearly identify the resources and assets required for the successful delivery of NDRC events.
- To support, co-edit and contribute to NDRC and NDRC Inventorium content production including briefing and co-ordinating video, audio and design suppliers, conducting client interviews and testimonials and co-ordinating newsletters, publications and other communications
- To assist with the development and maintenance of both stakeholder / community contact information and information bases.
- To support on-line and face-to-face marketing strategies.
- To seek out, gather and synthesise information relevant to both Inventorium and NDRC activities in the relevant sectors described and to make this information available to community and stakeholders via a range of communications channels, including websites, blogs, twitter feeds etc.
- To engage in other activities from time to time as may be directed by management.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org