The Richard Branson brainchild is known to have made agency approaches in recent weeks ahead of its planned first official flight from Abu Dhabi on Christmas Day.
One figure with insight into the Virgin Galactic set-up said any agency working on the project would need experience in dealing with 'high-net-worth individuals' and travel.
Virgin Galactic, which works with Griffin Communications Group in the US, denied that it was in UK agency talks.
Cloud computing is one of the newest phenomenons in the online business world that is taking companies to new levels of efficiency.
Many small- and medium-sized online businesses are choosing to improve their efficiency by making use of the greater computing power cloud computing can give them. This power is usually provided by a third party.
Since small businesses can now delegate their mail storage, customer care, data storage, software delivery etc. to the cloud, they can compete with larger businesses without being forced to foot a large technology bill.
Here is a look at how you can use cloud computing both to improve your efficiency and increase the opportunities available to your small online business.
1. You will have fewer operational issues
The third party that provides you with your cloud computing services will use standardized processes. Standardization helps ensure there are fewer errors and issues with your processes. This will give your business certain continuity. As a result, you will spend less time trying to fix operational failures and spending more time on the important things such as drawing more customers and connecting with them.
With cloud computing, you will be able to use the same service or integration of several services each time and in similar projects. You will, therefore, see the same result each time. This predictability will help you to have services based on predetermined design patterns.
2. You can open up new business models
With powerful computing within your reach, you can now have access to various projects and business models that had not been possible in the past. You can start new innovations and open up new streams of revenue. There are many companies that are using cloud services dedicated to build completely new propositions and business models and offering new services. Small businesses are doing this the most. Other examples include Spotify, a digital music portal that brings mood-specific music to all devices ranging from tablets, mobile phones, computers and home entertainment systems.
3. You can achieve business agility
With having a reliable third party offering you remote assistance with several processes, you can get the computing resources you need exactly when you need them. This means that you will be able to deliver results in a more timely way. You will also be able to provide cheaper services because efficient business will bring your own overall costs down by reducing the time to send your product to the client.
As a result, you will be able to offer your services at competitive rates and attract the loyalty of your customers. It can be possible for cloud computing to bring down a project such as a data analytics project to three weeks from a projected time period of four months.
4. You can make better use of resources
When you find your brand launching and completing projects that are more efficient, and that your employees are spending less time on struggling to fix operational issues, you know you are making the most of your resources. You and your employees now have valuable free time to devote to other activities that can add value to your business and help it grow.
Of course it’s not easy to quantify such value, and it differs from business to business. However your employees are assets as well and, therefore, if they are able to engage in activities that improve them, this is valuable for the business.
With cloud computing, you will also find yourself benefiting from what is known as the ‘economies of scale.’ Your cloud computing service provider will be able to make better use of physical resources and bring down consumption of energy when compared to standard traditional ways.
It’s important to note that cloud computing third-party services are usually provided without a contract. What is great about this short-term operational expense mode is that you are not making any long-term commitments in this case. You don’t have any upfront expenses, which is great for small businesses with limited funds. You can start your projects much faster than if there was an upfront expense required and can also end the projects quicker with no loss through investments in cloud computing.
Take the lead today and see what cloud computing can do for your business. You will be surprised at the true power of what is known as the cloud.
Buy4Now Technology Group is a Software as a Service (SaaS) eCommerce company that is focused on building end to end solutions in the online shopping space. Buy4now has a rich platform to implement end to end eCommerce. This includes:
- Integration with Merchandising systems such as SAP/Retek/Gold/Retalix
- Shop4Now - Ecommerce Store Framework
- Fulfilment – In store picking using Win Mobile handhelds
- Help4Now – Customer Service software
- Reporting – Full suite of reports
- Email and SMS - Campaign management
- Mobile Development for iPhone/Android/Blackberry.
We work with leading retailers such as Superquinn, Eircom, Roche Bros (USA), Musgrave Group and 3 Mobile to map their enterprise requirements onto our platform. Buy4Now is a Microsoft Partner. We currently employ 70 people (23 developers) in our Sandyford Office.
The candidate will have no problem in climbing learning curves and will be a self starter with good initiative. Full training and Microsoft Certification provided.
Our working environment is collegiate and supporting. Please visit www.buy4now.com for a full overview of the company.
The intern will gain practical experience in the efficient running of a busy IFI Marketing Department with a focus on database management, target marketing and media monitoring. The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following: Working on a database strategy for the IFI; Developing categories of interest for all entries for target marketing; Identifying specific target groups for IFI Events and activities; Building targeted interest group lists; Media monitoring and reporting; Assisting in a marketing research strategy for IFI; and inputting, analysing and reporting on statistics. On completion the intern will have attained skills in various aspects of the marketing and communications activities within one of Ireland s foremost cultural organisations.
Skills Requirements An interest in Marketing and Communications would be beneficial. High level or organisation and attention to detail required and candidate must be computer literate. A passion for film and the arts also required.
Please Note: This is an Internship. An allowance of €50 per week will be paid in addition to your current Social Welfare payment.See eligibility criteria above.
Department Marketing &Communications
Mentor The Organisation will assign a mentor to support you during the Internship.
Duration 9 Months
Number of Positions 1
Contract Type Other
Days, Hours & Start Date Days per week: To be Advised
Hours per day: Not specified
Hours per week: 35
Start Date: TBC
Experience Required: No Experience Required
To apply send CV and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dublin Fringe Festival is a multi-disciplinary and wholly curated festival and year-round organisation focusing on new and innovative approaches to the arts. Dublin Fringe Festival supports the development and presentation of new work by Irish and International artists of vision, nurturing artistic ambition and excellence across a range of art forms. An active curator, Dublin Fringe Festival provides an environment in which participating artists challenge, subvert and invigorate their disciplines and practice. The Festival also operates FRINGE LAB, offering practical and artistic support to both emerging and established artists, which is pivotal in shaping the work of a new generation of Irish performing artists, amplifying their presence on the world stage.
The Festival Director is a hands-on role for a highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious individual with the desire to make Dublin Fringe Festival their own. They will be responsible for the artistic and administrative direction of the festival; overseeing all programming, finance, administration, fundraising, relationship management, and marketing. This work is supported by a core team of 4 full time staff, a number of part-time and seasonal positions and a voluntary board of directors.
This is an exciting opportunity to engage with an event that has an impressive reputation in Ireland as well as an ever-growing status abroad.
This position is a full time two year contract.
For a full job description and application instructions please see our website: www.fringefest.com/people/work-with-us
Closing Date for applications is Monday 20th May at 5pm.
Interviews will take place in Dublin, during the week commencing 3rd June.
Our client is a leading Irish Institution - a venerable one, steeped in tradition, yet one that has always been progressive in its communication strategies. This is a commercial organisation offering a wide range of managed services to businesses and individuals.
As they promote their products and brand through diverse communication channels, they are currently seeking an Events Manager to join their fast paced, forward thinking marketing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all events, client entertainment and sponsorship initiatives.
- Together with the relevant business areas develop an event calendar which supports the business goals;
- To project manage agreed events and client entertainment initiatives on time, within budget and on brand;
- To research and support sponsorship ideas for the business in support of the brand positioning;
- Manage the events function with our client's Private Clients by setting a direction and standard of work practice;
- To attend and work at all agreed client entertainment initiatives and events;
- To manage the quality and costs of agreed client entertainment initiatives and events;
- To work effectively with the client facing and product/investment teams to ensure business objectives are achieved;
- To develop appropriate communications and signage requirements for client entertainment initiatives and events;
- To track and measure the effectiveness, efficiency and client satisfaction for all client entertainment initiatives and events and report on weekly Events Metrics;
- Understand and keep up-to-date on new trends and apply to client entertainment, sponsorship and event initiatives to continually improve effectiveness.
- 4-5 years experience in event management;
- Ability to manage and run a team;
- Highly organised individual with an eye for detail;
- Experience in marketing communications and copy writing;
- Experience in Adobe InDesign is desirable;
- Experience with CRM Systems is desirable;
- Effective prioritisation and monitoring skills;
- Fast implementation of campaigns to meet business objectives within budget and tight time constraints;
- Ability to work under own initiative to strict deadlines;
- Ability to multitask;
- The ability to work efficiently in a large complex business environment;
- Excellent communications skills - customer focus (internal & external);
- Flexible, creative and enthusiastic - team player;
- Excellent PC skills in Microsoft Office;
- Persuasive, enthusiastic, outgoing nature.
The Program Manager will join the Digital Customer Service Program team with the opportunity to be based in Dublin, who will manage the design and implementation of new Customer Service operational processes, systems and tools to support the expansion of digital business models and Kindle products.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Digital/Kindle CS team which is responsible for driving high-visibility; Customer Service programs that directly impact the customer experience and facilitate the expansion of Amazon’s digital eco-system.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with cross functional development teams as well as Project/Program management experience and will own and execute complex projects and drive key operational process improvement activities.
You will be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment, with the ability to drive the program’s direction and roadmap, collaborate with business and development teams across the company to ensure a world class customer service experience, and manage all aspects of the project execution.
· Scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end.
· Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch
· Lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to- market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
· Defines functional requirements and specifications, high level processes and system solutions.
· Liaise with all departments to ensure relevant areas are engaged in time to develop deliverables within their area to support Project Initiatives.
· Develop a working project plan for each new launch to track milestones, deliverables and deadlines.
· Liaise closely with Kindle/Digital Business teams to define and drive the technical changes for new projects.
· Works with external business partners to ensure shared services are aligned and that the highest quality customer service is maintained and is consistent with Amazon’s Core values.
· Creates intuitive internal process flows and systems for use by large numbers of customer associates that are cost effective and integrate effortlessly into current processes and tools.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science; Business intelligence or a related discipline.
· Candidates must be able to think and act to meet the business needs.
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
· Ability to challenge the status quo, question existing practices, problem solve and formulate winning proposals for process change.
· Must be fluent in English and additional European languages would be advantageous.
· Ability to grasp complex system relationships and tools quickly.
· Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint and VISIO.
· PMP, Prince or similar project management qualification
· 4 + years’ experience running complex cross functional initiatives
· Ability to translate complex functional requirements into detailed Technical specifications
· Experience in working with external business clients to develop inter-company processes and systems.
· Experience working with Consumer Electronics or Digital Product lines.
· Experience working with remote teams across multiple locations.
From tricked-out teepees to modern takes on s'mores, check out these decor and catering ideas for a glamorous camping-themed party.
There may not be any new hardware announced at Google I/O, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be any surprises. Multiple sources have told us that Google is going to bring Google+ into Google Apps as a back-end communications system, allowing you to talk to co-workers while simultaneously working on a document.
Sources say that as cloud-base collaboration is becoming more and more important, Google is looking to introduce Google Circles and other concepts like Google Hangouts to its Apps users. You can already use Google+ within Google Apps for Business as a collaboration and sharing tool, but it doesn’t extend into the apps themselves.
We are told that Google Talk would give way to a new kind of a “unified messaging” product where focus is less on voice and more on data and video. More details will arrive later: make sure andcheck out our live blog here for the official news when it arrives.
These new Google+ social features are a good way to help reinvent the enterprise apps. The company has already been making some changes Like checking for sharing permissions for a Google docs when you email a link to people), but we will see something bigger in a few hours.
A good application of Google+ would mean company wide circles which would in turn allow easy communication and sharing of docs. This would put them in competition with Yammer, HipChat and other such products.